Monday, February 27, 2006

Honour Roll Student.

Cody, we are so proud of you.

Congratulations!

You graduate in a few short months.
You leave your school years behind and bring into your future an amazing resume.
6 years as a radio host, a Guinness World Record Holder as the Youngest Radio Host, best radio personality two years in a row, Entrepreneurial Youth of the Year (Chamber of Commerce), professional actor and an accomplished filmmaker.

This is the icing on the cake, Honour Roll, Grade 12,
second
term.

No small feat, grade 12 work is hard work.

You've managed to keep balance too.

You have a group of good friends you've had since you were small, thats important.
You played as hard as you worked. Thats important too.
You are a good snowboarder, skateboarder, surfer and wakeboarder.
Pretty much anything that involves a small piece of wood or somesuch under your feet that lets you go as fast as the wind you've loved and made a point of making time for.

Balance.

You are my inspiration as much as you have been to thousands of youth all over the world.

(Guests - please make comments! Share your wisdom and experiences you had going into your final months of your final year, don't be shy!)

Comments on "Honour Roll Student."

 

Blogger Bonnie said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Congrats, Cody! Here's my advice (recently published in "If I Only Knew Then..." a book assembled by the UGA Alumni Association for 2005 graduates).

=============

Don't worry about getting from Point A to Point B. When I graduated, I had a plan for getting to Point B. I moved to Hollywood to pursue my dreams. Within a few months, the Northridge Earthquake hit, I lost most of my "stuff," and I chose to move back home and then go to grad school (since I wasn't pursuing my dream anymore, I'd better figure out a new plan). In a conversation with my aunt, she mentioned the beauty of learning about Point C, Point D, Point E... and especially Point L. I laughed at her, pretty sure I got her point, but not yet clear on how it applied to me.

"Bonnie," she said, "The joy in life is getting all the way to Point Z. You've only just begun. So what if the plan you had back when you were at Point A no longer feels relevent?!? Discovering every letter of the alphabet in your life's travels is really delicious. Enjoy that you're about to start Point C in grad school. Look forward to learning what your Point D is. And believe me, when you get to Point L, you'll reflect so fondly upon the alphabet you've visited thus far."

She was right. And I'm telling you that from, oh, somewhere around Point G or H. I still have a lot of living to do! So do you.

Bonnie Gillespie, ABJ--Telecommunication Arts 1992, MA--Journalism 1997
Author, casting director, public speaker, career consultant to working actors
Hollywood, CA

 

Anonymous Leemer said ... (9:05 AM) : 

That's no small feat, Cody. And I have but one bit of advice for you:

Be you.

Think about it.

 

Blogger Xxaatm said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Thank you very much for the comments you guys!
The rest of you...what? you didn't graduate? thats gotta be it!
*hehe*

 

post a comment

Links to "Honour Roll Student."

Create a Link