Sunday, January 08, 2006

Home on the range.

I have no idea who the gentleman is.
and.
the one sitting beside him?
looks like Sasquatch.
This picture depicts the male Canadian very well.
Superb in fact. but. missing a case of beer.
ah well.
So.
My guy, my sasquatch...he brought home one of these. Seems a Bed&Breakfast needed to get a larger one, and, looked to off-load to a friend in need. Great price.
It's set up on our new deck, 10 feet off the ground, which we haven't put a railing on yet.
Soon. Within the next two months I'm hoping.
Yes. Times are tuff. but. we can always find a way eh.
and so.
soon I will be relaxing, looking out over the city, to the Beaufort Range.

Home, home on the range indeed.

Listening to:
Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy
I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail
A starry night, a campfire light
The coyote call, the howling winds wail
So I ride out to the old sundown

I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail
Lord, I’m just thinking about a certain female
The nights we spent together riding on the range
Looking back it seems so strange

Roll me over and turn me around
Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground
Roll me over and let me go
Running free with the buffalo

I was took in texas I did not know her name
Lord, all these southern girls seem the same
Down below the border in a town in mexico
I got my job busting broncs for the rodeo

Roll me over and turn me around
Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground
Roll me over and let me go
Riding in the rodeo

Roll me over and set me free
The cowboy’s life is the life for me

and......
You're Not Very Well by The Charlatons
It'll Never be Over To Me by Los Lobos
Why This One by The Cowboy Junkies
Stormy by Santana
Limbo by Bryan Ferry
Rock & Roll Stew by Traffic
Kiss and Tell by Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music
Feels Like Fire by (feat. Dido) Santana
True Love by Glenn Frey
Through My Eyes by Phil Collins
Get In The Car by Echo and The Bunnymen
Incident At The Neshabur by Santana



Comments on "Home on the range."

 

Anonymous Leemer said ... (3:59 PM) : 

There once was a very (VERY) failed attempt to form a band among friends. But we had no drummer. And no bass player.

However, we sounded pretty good while playing Cowboy Song. You gotta love any group that has a black Irish singer and sings about cowboys, lonesome on the range...

 

Anonymous Leemer said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Dammit. Naturally, I had to pick up the old guitar to see if I could still play it.

I am happy to report that the answer is "yes".

 

Blogger Xxaatm said ... (7:08 PM) : 

Yah Leems!
Rock on!!!

 

post a comment

Links to "Home on the range."

Create a Link