Saturday, December 31, 2005

They invite one another to play.....

"We have only to watch young dogs to see that all the essentials of human play are present in their merry gambols. They invite one another to play by a certain ceremoniousness of attitude and gesture. They keep to the rule that you shall not bite, or not bite hard, your brother's ear. They pretend to get terribly angry. And-- what is most important--in all these doings they plainly experience tremendous fun and enjoyment. Such rompings of young dogs are only one of the simpler forms of animal play.

Here we have at once a very important point: even in its simplest forms on the animal level, play is more than a mere physiological phenomenon or a psychological reflex. It goes beyond the confines of purely physical or purely biological activity. It is a significant function--that is to say, there is some sense to it. In play there is something "at play" which transcends the immediate needs of life and imparts meaning to the action. All play means something."

-- Johann Huizinga, Homo Ludens

I thought long and hard about a New Year resolution. I couldn't come up with anything that was, well, substansive, for me.

Until I read the above.

It was one year ago this past October that I picked up "Indy" from the dog pound.
Indy is truly a special blend (my nice term for what everyone else calls a 'mutt'), and through his special blended-ness, he has taught me more about myself this past year than anyone, or thing.

and so.

What if.

What if I tried some of my own butt-sniffing and free-romping ? (Suzer-styl'n of course)

How would my life improve?

Lets see.

I resolve in 2006 to butt-sniff and free romp.




Comments on "They invite one another to play....."

 

Anonymous Leemer said ... (3:36 PM) : 

That is a great looking dog.

(Note to self: Make sure my ass is always clean just in case I am the one to be sniffed.)

 

Blogger Xxaatm said ... (9:23 PM) : 

*sniff*

 

Blogger superlong said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Cool site on dear penis Check out my Penis Enlargement

 

Blogger Kate said ... (2:53 AM) : 

What an interesting blog you have. I often search the web for articles about love and dating and I found this one. As for swingers fucking there�s a site for singles at http://top-personals.net, take a look. Adult Singles

 

Anonymous best auto insurance rates said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my best auto insurance rates site.
Have a great week!

 

Anonymous best auto insurance quotes said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a best auto insurance quotes site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

 

post a comment

Links to "They invite one another to play....."

Create a Link